Friday 6 November 2015

People who don’t respect you




If there’s one thing I hate, it’s a lack of respect from people. Now that may have made me sound like a pensioner, in fact that definitely made me sound like a pensioner but oh well they’re not all bad, I mean they do always have sweets, even if they are Werther’s Originals. But anyway back to business.

The people I’m talking about are the kind of people who for lack of a better phrase look down their noses at you, the kind of people who are ignorant to anyone else’s way of life that isn’t their own. These people are usually beige, not even beige, more magnolia or even cream in colour and the only reason they aren’t plain white is they might have smoked a cigarette once, or possibly been clubbing, they may even have a small easily hidden tattoo. The most boring type of people you will ever meet. The type of people who are born, work, live and die in the same town for 70 odd years until they expire. They may be survivors but they never really live. I may have stolen that but I can’t remember where from if I have so lets just pretend its mine.

These are the kind of people who will jump at any chance to have a snide little comment the kind of comment when someone in the room asks if somebody has moved something they chime in with a “Well I haven’t moved, it have I?” this can also come in the form of a “Well it wasn’t me, was it?”. They are usually passive aggressive people who would shit themselves if you merely raised your voice to them.

These ugly (always personality, sometimes physically) people are the kind of people who put themselves on pedestals and will be quick to put you down if you’re out of work or trying to do something that they deem “different” even though they are so vanilla, strawberry seems like a walk on the wild side to them (but more on dull, boring people in the future).

I guess what I’m getting at is that there is no need to ever be like this with people, not really. I always think that there is no one set way to live your life. Some people are rich, some are poor, some love their jobs, some hate their jobs, some fat, some thin. No need to carry on I’m sure you get it. The thing is everyone wants different things from life and defines success in a different way. My definition of success is that of the legend that is Bob Dylan - “A man is a success if he gets up in the morning and gets to bed at night, and in between he does what he wants to do.”

That quote is sugar for me even if its shit for you. That sums up my philosophy on life quite well.

The worst thing about this type of person is they come in so many forms they might be just some do-gooder with their nose in the air, or they could be a middle manager at some pointless company who doesn’t seem to realize how easily they could be replaced by some other robot, or even an artist (this one saddens me I hate it when creative people are negative).

I guess what I’m getting at is distance yourself from these people and when/if you ever become more successful than them never let them forget it, you know unless they are a perfect stranger, I’m not condoning stalking strangers to prove a point here.

No comments:

Post a Comment