Saturday 7 November 2015

Dull/Boring People - Only boring people get bored



Aaaah another day another rant.

Dull/Boring people, the ones who are not interested in anything at all, no hobbies, no desire, no passion, no life? The last one is possibly a bit harsh but fuck it they’re so dull they’ve never even heard of a blog let alone read one.

Now I may have made that sound like they do nothing, but that’s laziness not boringness. These people do…some stuff, but its always watered down. It’s half a shandy instead of a can of special brew. They might watch Twilight but never The Walking Dead. They’ll accept a can of coke but never a gram (couldn’t resist that last one).
But seriously every aspect of their lives is as dull as possible they surround themselves with romantic novels and watch The Great British Bake off yet would never bake a cake themselves.

Their music taste is pop music from their teen years, the years when they were slightly less dull. Yawn, even typing this up is boring me.
These are nine till fivers, paint the walls magnolias, broadsheet readers.

Picky eaters also fall into this category. Chips do not count as continental just because you call them French fries. Not willing to try anything new and straight up afraid of the world are these people living or merely surviving? (I think I’m going to be saying that a lot on this blog).

If I never tried new music, never tried a new cuisine, never read a book I wasn’t sure about, never watched a film that wasn’t out of my comfort zone or never did things I was told not to do I would be one of these pointless, boring lemmings and I don’t think I could hack it, although if you know no different I suppose you don’t see that anything’s wrong. Its like the people who only get their news from one source, the sheeple if you will who read The Daily Mail and watch BBC news at 6 and think they are people of the world while they are being force fed bullshit news and being told which politicians to love and which to hate, when we really know that the only correct way is to hate all of them.

Don’t be boring. I’m never bored there are too many books I’ve never read, too many songs I’ve not listened to, too many films I’ve not seen, too many people I know nothing about.

That last ones a biggie (and I don’t mean smalls) some of the coolest shit I’ve learned has come from people that I didn’t know anything about until I found them. The biggest one for me is the writer Hunter S. Thompson, a man who I have no idea how I found, but once I read my first book of his (Kingdom of Fear) I was hooked. What a guy! A drug addled, gun wielding, speed freak who lived his 67 years to the fucking fullest.

“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!” – Hunter S. Thompson

If you ever wanted a reason to get off your arse and do something that’s it folks. I’d much rather die at 150mph on a 1200cc Ducati at 50 than be 80 riddled with cancer or worse dementia. Now that might seem harsh but its truthfully my view on things.

Remember folks only boring people get bored.

Burn out folks, don’t fade away.

No comments:

Post a Comment